Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer

Hardcover, 178 pages

Published June 5th 2010

Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers

Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits.

In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.


My Rating: 4 / 5

My Thoughts:

Having read the Twilight Saga (only once... but loved it!), I was really curious to read this one. I vaguely remembered who Bree Tanner was in Eclipse & really wondered what this novella would add. Being that Bree was a newborn, it was a much darker world. We catch up to the part we all know in Eclipse...only told from a different point of view. I loved that we saw the rawness of the new vamps, but were also given a glimpse of the people behind the vampires. Poor Bree though, sadly we all know how it ends already. Oh and the twist she gives up with the Volturi - wow, Jane is just pure evil I tell ya!

I wouldn't call it "irresistible' but for those Twilight fans, it's a nice addition to the Vampire world Meyer has built. Now if only Midnight Sun would come out next!

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I liked but not loved this one, but I found myself rooting for Bree even though I knew her ending.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honest review, I still haven't gotten around to reading this one. =)

    ReplyDelete