Thursday, April 1, 2010

Review: The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting


  • Publisher: Harperteen

  • Released: Mar 16 2010

  • Hardcover: 336 pages

  • ISBN-13: 978-0061779817


My Rating: 4.5/5

My Thoughts:
It first happened when Violet was a young girl & out for a walk with her father in the forest, she found the body of a young girl. As years went by, she noticed that she could hear echos of dead things and that the killers are also left with an 'imprint'. When a serial killer begins terrorizing her small town, Violet knows she must use her ability to catch him.

A majority of the story revolves around the love story of Violet and her best friend, Jay. Violet & Jay's relationship is just too cute. They have been best friends forever but teenage hormones have kicked in and feelings have developed into something more then friends. Jay is the kind of guy a girl dreams of: sweet, sexy, always there for you etc. But funny thing, I must say as much as I loved Jay, I found him to be too nice & therefore not so realistic, he needed some more edge to him. I thought the angst and shy/awkwardness of being together was brilliantly done, you can't help but blush & feel so happy for them as their relationship progesses. Another huge bonus for me was Violet having the support of not only Jay, but also her family. In so many YA books, the parents seem to be out of the picture! Throughout the story, we are given a glimpse into what the killer is doing. This was a such a great addition as it take the reader on an emotional roller coaster ride, the contrast of Violet & Jay's love & the fear instilled by the killer. This was an incredible debut by Kim which had me on the edge of my seat, and feeling all warm and fuzzy at the same time. I can't wait to see whats in store in the sequel, Desires of the Dead.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great!! Hopefully I can get to this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really intrigued by the premise of this book, and I like the way you described the developing relationship between Violet and Jay. It sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your review makes me want to read this book even more! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing this book all over the place with great reviews. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab review - I really must get a copy of this one :o)

    ReplyDelete