Sunday, June 6, 2010

In My Mailbox - June 6, 2010



In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by The Story Siren where we show what books have found a new home with us!

I've heard amazing things about both these books & can't wait to start them!

Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride

It’s been two years since Noelle disappeared. Two years since her bike was discovered, sprawled on a sidewalk. Two years of silence, of worry, of fear.

For those two long years, her best friend Tessa has waited, living her own life in a state of suspended animation. Because how can she allow herself to enjoy a normal high school life if Noelle can’t? How dare she have other friends, go to dances, date boys, without knowing what happened to the girl she thought she would share everything with?

And then one day, someone calls Noelle’s house. She’s alive.

A haunting psychological thriller taken straight from the headlines, The Tension of Opposites is a striking debut that explores the emotional aftermath of a kidnapping on the victim, and on the people she left behind.


Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

What goodies did you get?

10 comments:

  1. I want to read both of these books.. Great mailbox this week.. Hope you enjoy them.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tension of Opposites seems like an incredibly good read.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! I really need to get my hands on a copy of Tensions of Opposites, it sounds so awesome. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tension of Opposites was wonderful! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered a copy of Tension of Opposites from amazon and can't wait till I get it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really want to read Raised by Wolves, so looking forward to your review! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of Raised by Wolves, but it looks really interesting. I'll have to add it to my wish list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! I have both on my TBR list. I look forward to hearing what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great week. I want to read ToO Check out my IMMB if you want here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read and loved Raised by Wolves!

    ReplyDelete