Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Waiting on" Wednesday - February 10, 2010

This weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I can't wait to read The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. I am so excited to start reading his Percy Jackson and the Olympians series with my son and of course plan on taking him to see the movie which comes out this week! This is the first book of Rick's new series The Kane Chronicles.



Release Date: May 4, 2010

Publisher: Disney/Hyperion Books for Children

From Amazon.com :
Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

You can read the first chapter here
---------------------------------------
What are you waiting on?

13 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I think i am going to like this one. I love egypt and everything to do with history and egypt gets my attention. OOOH I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree! I have the first book in the Percy Jackson series in my TBR...anxiously wanting to read it prior to the movie...but I've heard such good things about his writing, I definitely have this one on my radar. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Lightning Thief and can't wait to read the 2nd book. Great pick! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Percy Jackson yet but this sound just as good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading this one too! (And, seeing The Lightning Thief movie, it looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mel!

    I gave you an award:
    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/02/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesss, I am super excited for this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything by this author yet.. but he IS on my wishlist. This sounds like it's going to be a great new series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get this one too! Go, Rick Riordan! My son and I are geared up for the release of the The Lightning Thief movie this weekend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! Definitely sounds like an interesting premise, with a mix of action and myth. P:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! I'm currently reading the Percy Jackson series (the movie is coming out, plus, they're fun).

    ReplyDelete