Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!!!! Hoping your day is filled with love...or at least some chocolate :) Here's some ideas for those that want to do a little something more then the stereotypical flowers or chocolates to the ones they love...a little blurb from Terry L. Orbuch, Ph.D., author of 5 Simple Steps to Take Your Marriage from Good to Great
TEN WAYS TO SAY “I LOVE YOU”
1. Send an email or text message out of the blue: “Here’s just one reason I love you...”
2. Put a greeting card in the mail. Mail from a spouse is always a surprise.
3. Slip a handmade coupon on his or her pillow—for a foot massage from you, performing a hated chore, washing the car, etc.
4. Make a reservation at the restaurant where you had your first date.
5. Make your spouse a CD collection of the music you first listened to and loved together.
6. Make your partner his or her favorite dinner or dessert.(anything chocolate please & thank you)
7. Read a morning love poem to your partner while he or she is still in bed.
8. Have your favorite photo of you two framed or transferred onto a coffee mug.
9. Send his or her parents a thank-you note for bringing your beloved into the world. (this one sounds a little creepy!)
10. Buy a DVD on massage and tell your spouse to schedule an appointment. (my fav..hoping hubby reads the blog today of all days, LOL!!)
Excerpted from 5 Simple Steps to Take Your Marriage from Good to Great by Terri L. Orbuch, Ph. D. Copyright © 2009 by Terri L. Orbuch, Ph. D. Excerpted by permission Delacorte , a division of Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
What are your plans for today? We cheated & ate all our chocolates on the weekend. Hopefully we'll have a nice dinner at home tonight...hmm, maybe I'll make homemade pizza in the shape of a heart?!!!