Friday, March 26, 2010

1st Rate Fridays #4


A weekly meme to share favorite posts you've come across recently. Although it's impossible to follow every book blogger, this is a great opportunity to highlight exceptional posts you find. Hopefully along the way you'll find some great new-to-you blogs as well. Let's spread the love and support those awesome posts out there!

This was inspired by Cindy at Tynga's Reviews, Jennifer at Reading With Tequila, Lisa at The Little Reader...and me!

Let the fun begin!

I read for fun, try to pick books I think I'll like and so far have had good luck in that the majority of unsolicited books I've been sent are coming from publicists that know what I like too. I sympathsize with the following two posts. I also like that it is a reminder that many of us are blogging as it's something we like to do, we love books, but we also have school/paid jobs/family - heck I'm sure if this was my 'real' job I'd be way more critical, as that is what my job would be, but -sigh- it's not.
 Kristi from http://www.thestorysiren.com/ talks Blog criticism & positive reviews   and  S.F. Robertson is sticking up for bloggers.

Thanks to a tweet from April at goodbooksandgoodwine.com, I found this intersting post by Meg at inwhichagirl.blogspot.com on Why YA Romance needs to change.

What gems did you find?

4 comments:

  1. I just checked out all the links and they were great! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i came across the post at The Story Siren yesterday and definitely agree that it has stirred up a good discussion.

    thanks for sharing! and for hosting this lovely meme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome, I linked Waste Paper Prose and Choco as well in my FRF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for leaving a comment on my post about smaller blogs, I thought I'd come to check yours out too. You have a nice home here and I'm glad you are appreciating the small things too as they can be gone very quickly :)
    Happy blogging!
    Louise x
    PS: I wouldn't call your blog very small - but if you're managing it as well as a smaller blog I really need to know your secret...mine stopped being manageable ages ago LOL :)

    ReplyDelete