Monday, May 24, 2010

Rick Riordan's Stop In Toronto

(picture courtesy of HB Fenn)

Earlier this month Rick Riordan made his only tour stop in Canada! The line up was as crazy as you can imagine with people there 8 hours before the event was to start. As a mom of two boys, I have to say that it was amazing to see so many boys in the audience, maybe even half? Rick spoke a bit about he his books then let the kids/audience ask questions. He was so sweet & signed very book (personalizing only the Red Pyramid) and even offered to answer any additional questions when you were up on stage getting your books signed! In my eagerness to get going, making sure I had all my books with me, I totally forgot to bring my camera *cries* but a big thank you to Rita of HB Fenn for providing a picture to share with you!

Things of note:
  • His newest series, The Kane Chronicles, is journey into the world of Egyptian Mythology.
  • There is a spinoff to the Percy Jackson series, the first book comes out in October!
  • Between these two new series, we should have one book every 6 months!
For all those attending BEA, I hope you have a chance to meet Rick too!

3 comments:

  1. oMG I MISSED IT NOOOOOOO! LOL lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you at my site! Go can view it here!

    ReplyDelete