Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Waiting on" Wednesday - November 11, 2009

This weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I can't wait for Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Release Date: December 1, 2009 (though I understand amazon.com is shipping now & some stores have it on the shelves already!!!)

Synopsis:

There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

16 comments:

  1. Love the cover. I know book stores put books out for sale early a lot these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading the description of thise one, it seriously sounds very good. I love the title!

    Here's mine:
    http://jadorehappyendings.blogspot.com/2009/11/wow-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one either - it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary & Kim ~ yes, the cover is fabulous!

    Wendy ~ I know, hehe

    Nina ~ yes, it sounds sooo good, I seriosuly can't wait!

    Crystal ~ hopefully they are released early by you, nothing by me just yet :(

    Missy ~ thanks! I'm super excited for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful and the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have to wait a little longer for this in the UK. I'm not very good with patience. I really want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, yes. I've heard alot about this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this one too. I'm hoping my turn at the library comes shortly after my last final project for the semester is turned in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this cover but have never read what it was about. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really wanna read this one too!!! Great pick!

    P.S. I just wanted to let you know also that I got my copy of The Lovely Bones and so far I'm loving it :) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. me too. so curious about the curse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susi ~ thanks I love the cover too :)

    Becky ~ hope it comes out in the UK soon!

    Amanda ~ Yes I keep hearing about it too & it's great reviews so far!

    nomadreader ~ crossing my fingers for ya!

    Michelle ~ glad you like more then just the cover, lol

    Krista ~ I hope you read it soon! And thanks for letting me know you got it :) I read it when it 1s came out and loved it too.

    vvb32 ~ I know, such an intersting write up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this book in my TBR pile and I can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete