Thursday, November 26, 2009

2010 Debut Author Challenge



I'm super excited to join this challenge hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren! I'm going to set a goal of lucky thirteen for now but I'm sure to increase it once I start seeing everyone elses reviews :) For 2010, I plan on focusing my blog on a lot more YA novels so this challenge is perfect for me! If you are a YA tenner & would like me to review your book, please contact me :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?

•The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.

•Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.

•The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!

* note: the novels will be limited to those released in 2010.

Click here for more information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my proposed reading list (with updated links to my reviews):
  1. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain (click for review)
  2. The Mark by Jen Nadol  (click for review)
  3. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (click for review)
  4. The Secret Year by Jennifer R. Hubbard (click for review)
  5. Numbers by Rachel Ward - (click for review)
  6. Scones & Sensibility by Lindsay Eland (click for review)
  7. The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg (click for review)
  8. Numbers by Rachel Cann (click for review)
  9. Under My Skin by Judith Graves (click for review)
  10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (click for review)
  11. Island Sting by Bonnie Doerr (click for review)
  12. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (click for review)
  13. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins -reading
  14. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready - have
  15. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - have
  16. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy (EgmontUSA April 13, 2010)
  17. Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus (EmgontUSA July 13, 2010)
  18. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Harper Teen September 21, 2010)

11 comments:

  1. I usually shy away from challenges, but I am really interested in this one. I enjoyed reading your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Definitely looking forward to reading The Mark, The Dark Divine, Iron Kind, and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Thanks for joining the challenge! It's going to be so much fun! And what a great list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing Stars ~ You should join :)

    Jenn I know, there are so many!

    Kristi ~ thanks for hosting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been lucky so far! You've got a great list as well. :) I can't wait for Shadow Hills and The Dark Divine... all these books look SO. GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I see you also read and reviewed Cleopatra's Daughter! I loved what happened between Juba and Selene at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pirate penguin ~ thanks! Yes those look soooo good! Cleopatra's Daughter was amazing & yes, such a cute ending. I can't wait to read more by her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen the cover for SCONES AND SENSIBILITY? I absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dasiy ~ It's amazing, isn't it! YA novels always have the best covers, don't they :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the info about this challenge. I've joined!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nise'~ YAY I can't wait to see what books you pick :)

    ReplyDelete