Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Waiting on" Wednesday - November 4, 2009

This weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I can't wait for Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder


Release date: January 5, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse

Restless souls and empty hearts

Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams.

Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But when Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages, telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.

As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.

13 comments:

  1. I could see why you would be waiting on this one! It sounds very promising and emotional. To be honest, I'm very into the idea of being haunted right now having recently lost my dad. I wish he would stop by and say "hi" to me so I know he is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great pick, adding to the ole pile. I love my ghost stories. Thanks for the heads up and have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots coming out on the 5th of Jan. :)

    I already added this to my want to buy pile...sounds like a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you to get this one, too! (So I can borrow it;-) Sounds very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on another blog recently. Love the cover and think the premise is promising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick, I look forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenners ~ aww that is such a touching reason!

    ann marie ~ I love ghost stories too!

    everyone else ~ looks good eh! The cover is so beauiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for this one either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds great! Will be adding to my wishlist. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete