Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Teaser - March 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Hardcover, 320 pages

Published March 8th 2011 by Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers

ISBN13: 9780385739351
It's hard finding beauty in the badlands of Washokey, Wyoming, but 14-year-old Grace Carpenter knows it's not her mother's pageant obsessions, or the cowboy dances adored by her small-town classmates. True beauty is wild-girl Mandarin Ramey: 17, shameless and utterly carefree. Grace would give anything to be like Mandarin. When they're united for a project, they form an unlikely, explosive friendship, packed with nights spent skinny-dipping in the canal, liberating the town's animal-head trophies, and searching for someplace magic. Grace plays along when Mandarin suggests they run away together. Blame it on the crazy-making wildwinds plaguing their Badlands town. Because all too soon, Grace discovers Mandarin's unique beauty hides a girl who's troubled, broken, and even dangerous. And no matter how hard Grace fights to keep the magic, no friendship can withstand betrayal.
"I let myself fade into the collage of faces and hallways. And I pretended I didn't care." (page 33)

I loved this line! I think it perfectly sums up what it feels like to be lost during those ackward teenage years when you are trying to find yourself.

Care to share a line or two from a book you're reading?

7 comments:

  1. Good one. Kinda want to know what's going on :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/03/from-heirs-of-mars-by-joseph-robert.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser.... check mine out
    http://fortheloveofya210.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about this book. I hope you're enjoying it. Great teaser!

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I've heard good things about this book. I'll have to put it on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've so been there!
    Great teaser!

    Here is my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read good reviews. Looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good line! Great teaser. =)

    ReplyDelete