Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - October 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





"I don't remember the details, but after a couple of weeks of the study, the classical music rats were peacefully climbing the corporate ladder and wearing Birkenstocks and the rock music rats had gone cannibal and torn each other to bits. Without knowing what band the rock rats had to listen to, I'm not sure what the study was supposed to prove. All I know is, if I had to listen to Pearl Jam for two weeks solid, I'd eat my roommate too." Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater (pg 5)


Growing up listening to Pearl Jam, I literally laughed out loud when I first read this line! Too funny.

12 comments:

  1. Listening to ANYTHING two weeks straight is enough to drive anyone nutso.
    Interesting teaser!
    My Teaser is up at The Burton Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearl Jam, that reminds me of being 19 and moody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting writing, which makes for a fabulous teaser. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/10/coppola-pediatric-surgeon-in-iraq.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, nice! You're making it really hard for me to keep my Ballad on the side and not read it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love my Pearl Jam! Cool teaser :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a terrific teaser! The book is definitely going on my TBR list.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That teaser made me giggle. :)

    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really liking it so far!

    Michelle - that's why I loved this quote!

    Jackie - me too, though more for the memories ;)I love how music can transport you back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! Just read a book by Maggie, may need to check this one out as well. My brother was a huge PJ fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great sample of the writing for those of us who haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete