Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday - October 7, 2009

This weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My can't wait to read book is Blacklands by Belinda Bauer:



Release Date: January 5, 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

From publisher:
A psychological thriller about the cat-and-mouse game between a boy desperately seeking the truth about this uncle's murder and the murderer himself.


From Publisher's Weekly website:

Editor Marysue Rucci calls Blacklands “the best psychological suspense I've read in years—think The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time meets The Silence of the Lambs. This novel is fiendishly imaginative and terrifying—and compulsively readable.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I was not familiar with this one;

    here is mine:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/10/waiting-on-wednesday-alice-i-have-been.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time meets Silence of the Lambs? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel! I have an ARC if this. I do I do!

    Do you want me to loan it to you after I'm done?
    I was excited about this one too and was SUPER excited to get a copy of it.

    Let me know. michwerm@gmail.com

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, lucky you! I hope its good.

    I have a huge TBR pile & will get it closer to release date but THANKS!!! You are too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. I'll have to add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh-oh ... my TBR list just grew by one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could read this - sounds too scary (I'm such a baby).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick Mel, I will be adding this to my buy list. Thanks for the heads up on this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad everyone is liking it! With that comparison I can't help but want to read it :)

    Mary ~ I know what you meal, lol. Silence of the Lambs is a fav of mine though...Anthony Hopkins still freaks me out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that cover!! great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds good. I like child protagonists. January is forever away. I hope you get a review copy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woah, sounds intense. I would love to read it but I don't know...might be TOOO creepy for me.

    I don't have a BOOK pick this week but I do have something I want...with a book trailer that's great:

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2009/10/wish-list-awesome-baby-gift-and-jon.html

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete