Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Wating on" Wednesday - September 23, 2009

This weekly event is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My can't wait to read book is a new book from the author of Shiver:



Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater

Publisher: Flux
Release Date: October 1, 2009

Remember us, so sing the dead, lest we remember you.

James Morgan has an almost unearthly gift for music. And it has attracted Nuala, a soul-snatching faerie muse who fosters and then feeds on the creative energies of exceptional humans until they die. James has plenty of reasons to fear the faeries, but as he and Nuala collaborate on an achingly beautiful musical composition, James finds his feelings towards Nuala deepening. But the rest of the fairies are not as harmless. As Halloween—the day of the dead—draws near, James will have to battle the Faerie Queen and the horned king of the dead to save Nuala's life and his soul.

11 comments:

  1. Adding to the pile, thanks for the heads up. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - I didn't know about this one and I loved Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this on my TBR list =) Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary ~ yes it is! I can't beleive it's fall already!

    Ann Marie & Crystal ~ glad to help make your TBR piles bigger ;)

    Juju & Mishel ~ can't wait for reviews on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Lament. I loved Shiver so I guess it's time to move her other titles up on the TBR list. Great WoW! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about this book. I haven't read any books by this author yet, but she does seem popular, so think I will get straight on that. I'm definitely going to add to it my tbr list. Thanks for the pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky ~ thanks for the reminder, I want tto check Lament out too!

    BCC ~ You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Lament, so this one is pretty much compulsory for me. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait too! I can't believe it's coming out in less than a week! (:

    ReplyDelete