Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday - September 10, 2009

The wonderful world of books enriches our lives by giving us the opportunity to experience, well pretty much anything one can imagine! We can be transported to a new time or place, experience pure joy or extreme sadness, become a president or a slave etc. etc.

********************************************************************************

This week I read and reviewed Playing House by Fredrica Wagman. I am still haunted by the main chartacter - a sign of great writing I guess? I was a disturbed woman (to put it mildly) in love with her brother :o

In desperate need of a change of scenery, I picked up on oldy but a goody Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange (same author as Mr. Darcy, Vampyre). Lucky me, I got to be Darcy for a few days as he meets & falls in love with Elizabeth. I wish I had an estate & people waiting on me:)

...and continuing on with historical fiction, I just started The White Queen by Philippa Gregory.

********************************************************************************
Where has your book taken you this week? What have you learned? Join in my weekly meme :)

10 comments:

  1. I just returned from hell actually.
    Yikes I know! I don't normally pick such things but I won it.
    My review should go up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juju ~ I feel like that too, so happy to be back, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished circle of souls that took place in Newbury CT. I am now reading The beginning by ellen Schreiber which is actually 3books in 1 from the vampire kisses series. The setting is Dullsville..LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would have been luckier being Elizabeth, trust me! (I'll bring over my 4 hour A&E movie one of these days, starring Colin Firth as Darcy, mmmm)

    I'm feeling bad for Juju's stint in hell, too. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa ~ the books had us there,lol
    Looks like you were there too, reading The Road ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Froggy ~ too funny, guess it doesn't live up to its name though! I'm going to check out the series, thanks!

    Jackie ~ Yes, we need a girlie movie night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently in Dublin with a very handsome detective, though we are investigating a murder of a child...but, well, did I happen to mention we are in Dublin and have wicked accents and he's handsome?

    In the Woods by Tana French (yes, Im still reading this, I'm a little slow this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle ~ lucky you, lol! Gotta love accents ;)

    Sara ~ I literally just started this morning but loving it so far. Did you read this one?

    ReplyDelete